Monday, February 18, 2013

GA and FL Day 14 - still on our way home

February 18, 2013

We didn't make it quite as far today.  Kyrie and I were still not feeling well, and when it became apparent that we weren't going to make it all the way home today we decided to stop early and get some much needed rest. 

The only way I've been coping with all this driving is by renting Redbox movies.  The passenger seat turns halfway around (why not all the way?!)  So we can all (except Marc) watch a movie together.  It passes the time better.  The boys have really been into Star Wars.  We watched Episode 1 (the 4th movie) together that we brought from home.  Then we really wanted to see Episode 2.  We even stopped at Walmart to see if we could buy it, but they didn't have it. 

We made it just a little into Indiana. I'm not even sure what town this is.  We still have about 280 miles to go, which shouldn't be too bad.  I've been starting to feel a little better tonight, so hopefully that's the end of that!  The kids have been amazing travelers.  Even Zoe only complains when she's starting to get tired. 

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express tonight.  It was nice because there was a king size bed in one room and a sofa bed and a second television in another room separated by the bathroom and a kitchenette.  This was as much luxury as I've experienced in a while.  I got to watch some HGTV while the kids got their cartoons.  The kids couldn't resist taking a bath in the oversized jacuzzi tub either.  Fine with me.  I think that was their way to unwind!

No comments:

Post a Comment