Wednesday, February 6, 2013

GA and FL Day 2 - An interesting drink

February 6, 2013

I had a bit of a surprise at breakfast this morning.  We ate at the free hotel breakfast and it was good, except for a bit of confusion (stupidity?) on my part.  I was getting my breakfast and I saw this dispenser with cups on top and two nozzles, one said strawberry and the other said original.  For some reason I assumed that this was milk.  I chose the strawberry one, and filled up a cup.  I noticed that it was very thick, so I realized it wasn't milk, but thought that maybe it was some kind of a smoothie.  Anyway, I got back to the table and took a drink.  It was a very strange taste.  Extremely thick, not very sweet, and almost powdery?  It tasted kind of familiar, but I couldn't figure out why.  Finally, I mentioned it to Kyrie, and she was like, "Is that the waffle mix?!"  I then realized that it was right next to the waffle iron and of course it was waffle mix.  We all had a good laugh about that - probably the people sitting by the waffle machine too!

After breakfast we hit the road.  We quickly reached Kentucky and were surprised when it changed back to being central time.  After a few hours it was getting to be time for lunch and we decided to reward the kids for being good travelers by going to Chuck E Cheese.  They loved that!  We spent about an hour and a half there before heading to Tennessee.  We stopped for the day in the middle of the state.  I think the town is called Manchester, but I can't remember.  It starts with an M and is about halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga.  We had dinner at O'Charly's.  The food was alright, but Jacob was the only kid who was interested in eating. 

We're spending the night at another Comfort Suites.  After dinner, Jacob, Max, Zoe and I hit the pool to wear off some energy. 
Thankfully Ella just wanted to stay in the room and watch TV.  That was my preference too. (The comments in bold italic font are from me--Kyrie--as usual. I'll mention this once per trip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment