Tuesday, February 5, 2013

GA and FL RV trip Day 1 - An uneventful start

February 5, 2013

Our latest misadventures began a few days ago when we went to get our RV out of the barn that we were storing it in.  After weeks of below freezing weather, it wasn't completely surprising that the RV wouldn't start.  It wouldn't even try.  Luckily the people who own the barn had a battery charger there, so I hooked it up to one of the batteries.  I had no idea which battery was for the engine or if they work together somehow.  I picked the one that was slightly closer to the engine.  I was either right or it didn't matter.  This time the engine tried a little.  So, we let it charge for a few hours.  When we came back it started just fine.  We drove it home and let it run for about an hour, hoping the battery would charge up.   I tested it again and it started just fine. 

The next day I tried to start it again and nothing!  Kyrie's Dad told her that the batteries probably needed water, so I gave it a try.  I really didn't think it would work, but it did and we haven't had a problem since then.

Kyrie worked this morning and at lunchtime (1pm actually) we left.  This trip is to Atlanta and Orlando.   We aren't staying at any campgrounds until we get to Orlando.  Today we drove to Columbus, Indiana and stayed at a nice Comfort Inn there.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner.  There really isn't much to mention about today's drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment